September 24, 2011

Grand Lodge

Last weekend I was able to attend our states Grand Lodge Annual Communication. This was a great learning experience. Our Grand Lodge is made up of the Master, Junior and Senior Wardens of each lodge as well as the Grand Officers and a few others. Our Junior Warden was not able to attend so I went as his proxy. I was only able to attend the Friday session as I had a previous commitment Saturday. It was interesting to be in a room with 850+ other masons and watch how things were handled. I was able to meet other brethren from across the state and learn about their lodges as well. I am very glad that I was able to attend and learn a little more how freemasonry operates in my state. I would suggest that any master mason attend their jurisdictions annual communication at least once. It is a great time to meet and visit other brethren as sell as get some work done.

No comments:

Post a Comment