December 16, 2010

voted on

The day of the balloting of my petition I called a friend and asked if there was anything that I needed to do. I was not sure if I needed to go to the lodge that night or wait at home or what. I was still a little confused about the entire process. I was told that I did not need to come to the lodge but they would call me and let me know the outcome, but it would probably be the next day since it would most likely be a late night getting finished since there were four of us being voted on and they had elections for the coming year to take care of that night as well.

The next day I had to drive to Charlotte for a meeting that day and had let them know that I would most likely be away from the phone but would check my voice mail when I could. I just happened to be on a break at the time and the Worshipful Master (the master of the lodge, but worshipful is a honorific title like “your honor” or “Mr. President” and he is NOT worshiped in any sense) who informed me that I had been voted in with the three others and told me that there would be an initiation ceremony the following Monday night if I could make it. I told him that I would be there for sure. I also got a call from a friend there that told me the same thing and asked if I had questions.

A couple nights after this my wife and I had gone out to dinner with some friends, and who one happened to be a mason from another lodge. I informed him that I was going to be initiated the following Monday night and he asked me if I had ever ridden a chicken or a goat. He advised me to bring carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment