March 8, 2011

Two nights of firsts

I was able to attend a stated communication (regular meeting) for the first time last night. I was also asked by our Worshipful Master if I would sit in the Junior Stewards chair for the night. I did and was honored that he asked. We voted on 2 new petitions and the passed and the initiation was scheduled for the next night. We discussed some other business about paying some bills and giving some money to a couple places. It was a relatively simple meeting. The best part was getting to meet with some new and old friends. The WM encouraged me to return my third degree proficiency as soon as I could. I am working on that and should have it ready by next month's stated.

Tonight I did attend the initiation of the 2 candidates we voted in last night. I was again asked to ill the Junior Stewards position. That was a little more involved than last night but was instructed what to do before the meeting started. That was a great experience and only hope that I can participate in the future on more degrees. It is an honor and a privilege that I do not take lightly. We try to make the night as special for those going through the degrees as possible. I just hope I did not mess up to bad to detract from the experience.

There is a third degree scheduled for next Monday night and I plan on attending it to watch the entire thing. I am excited about being able to do that. I am even going to be a part of the degree team. It will definitely be a learning experience again.

2 comments:

  1. Did you mean "defiantly" or "definitely" brother Jaya? :p

    It's nice that you are attending degreework. I am yet to see any yet on the non-candidate side around these parts. I think most lodges in this jurisdiction have some next month or so...we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brother Caution. Sometimes spellcheck does not even help my poor spelling. Watching degrees is a great help in understanding what is actually happening. I have been lucky in that my lodge has a good number of people going through the degrees right now. I did get to see that third and actually got to play a part in the degree team. I sat Junior Steward for the first parts and played a nonspeaking fellowcraft during the second part. That was a great night. It gave a new understanding for sure. If you can, see whatever degrees are happening around you.

    ReplyDelete