May 2, 2011

In the Chairs

I just got back from lodge where I was installed as the Junior Steward. I am taking the place of a brother that needed to resign his position. He is away at college and graduating this Saturday. He is getting a teaching degree but is unable to find a job. He is going to be joining the US Army instead. Our WM wanted me to take his place so I stepped up for the remainder of the year. This should be a fun position.  I have been filling in since being raised anyway. 

Basically the duties of the stewards in the lodge is to provide for the comfort of the brethren. That means they are the cooks and such. We do not do meals before each meeting and do light snacks afterwords. The only time we do meals is before a third degree and that is usually provided by one of the brothers. In that case it is the stewards responsibility to set up and clean up afterwards. Most brothers in the lodge help each other out with this.

I am hoping that this summer we can do a BBQ where we do a few shoulders or hams for the brothers. I love to cook pig. It would be good to do some things like this outside of lodge meetings just to hang out and socialize.

I am looking forward to the coming years in my journey east. It is a big commitment to take a chair if you go all the way through. It is also a great honor that I do not take lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment