May 2, 2011

School of instruction

This past Saturday there was a district wide school of instruction. It was presented by our Deputy District Grand Lecturer (DDGL). It was an instructional period on the ritual and dealing with the finer points. There were people from most all of the lodges in our district and I was able to meet many brothers that I had not yet had the pleasure. It was only 5 hours long but covered all of the degrees. It is interesting to see how others do things compared to how we do them in our lodge. All said and done, it was a very interesting day that taught me a lot about how and why things are done the way they are.

2 comments:

  1. We had our School of instruction back in March. I really enjoyed it as well. As a new Mason I got a lot of knowledge from it myself. It was nice to see how all the Lodges and Brethren came together and joined in on all the work. I actually stumbled onto you blog by accident, after reading I want to congratulate you on the Jr. Steward position. I am in that same position in my lodge. Best of luck to you on your journey. Maybe, someday we will get a chance to sit in Lodge together.
    Fraternally yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, thank you for your comments. The school of instruction was very interesting. It taught me a lot of the work. Now the hard part, memorizing it. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete